1 big eggplant - finely chopped
1 tomato - finely chopped
1 onion - finely chopped
1/2 cup peanuts - finely ground
1 garlic pod
1 cm ginger
3 green chilli
1-2 dry red chilli
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 pepper corns
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp tamarind concentrate
1) Grind garlic pod, green chilli, dry red chilli, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pepper corns, ginger and fry with 3 Tbsp oil in a pan
2) Add onion and fry until starts to change colour
3) Add peanut and turmeric powder and fry for 2 mins. If it becomes dry while frying, add another Tbsp oil.
4) Add tomato and fry for 2-3 mins.
5) Add brinjal and fry for a minute. Add 2-3 cups of water, tamarind and bring to boil. Check for salt
6) Close the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the eggplant is cooked.