1 1/2 cup basmati rice
1 medium sized beetroot - finely diced
1 medium sized onion - finely diced
1 cup mixed veggies -finely diced
1/2 cup peas
2 Tbsp mint leaves - finely chopped
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
4 green chilli - finely chopped
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp ghee
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
1) Cook basmati rice and keep aside
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds. Once it starts to change colour - Add onion and fry for a minute
3) Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric powder and garam masala powder . Fry for another minute.
4) Add mixed veggies, peas and beetroot. Cover and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add mint leaves, salt. Cover and cook for a minute.
6) Lower the heat. Add cooked basmati rice and mix. Check for salt. Add 1/2cup water if needed. Cover and cook for a minute.